call for an appointment
As a full time physician, mother, and wife, Dr. Cottam understands all the demands and challenges women of today encounter. Her practice has grown since her arrival in Knoxville in 1999, in large part, due to her being able to relate to a wide variety of patient concerns and problems. Her practice includes all aspects of general Obstetrical and Gynecologic care, including counseling, annual health maintenance, prenatal care, gynecologic problem visits, ultrasounds, as well as in-office and hospital surgeries.
One of her special interests is in the field of adolescent care. She feels that establishing a trusting relationship and providing teens with a basic understanding of normal growth and development can guide them through their changing years. A second interest is in the personal management of her obstetrical patients. She enjoys establishing an open relationship with the new mothers and their families to create a memorable birthing experience. Her third interest is in the field of preventative care and health maintenance. She encourages and supports patients to increase their positive behaviors such as exercise, healthy eating habits, and stress management. Her belief is that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a life long challenge and commitment.
Marital Status: Married
- University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, Bachelor of Science in Vertebrate Zoology, Magna Cum Laude 1986 – 1990
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, Doctor of Medicine 1991 – 1995
- Internship and Residency:
- University of Tennessee, Memphis, Memphis, TN, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1995 – 1999
- ACOG – American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- AMA – American Medical Association
- Junior Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Memphis and Shelby County Medical Society
Board Certified in OGBYN
Generations ObGyn, P.C.
9430 Park West Blvd.
The Tower at Parkwest, Suite 320
Knoxville, TN 37923
July 26, 1999 to Present