Dr. Cummings places great value on the relationships she forms with her patients as they navigate life’s celebrations and challenges. Her goal is to make patients feel comfortable and provide them with the information they need to make informed decisions about their healthcare. While her practice includes all aspects of general obstetrics and gynecology, she has a special interest in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
Curriculum Vitae Education
- Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, 2010-2014
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee, 2006 – 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Centre College, Danville, Kentucky, Major: Psychobiology, 2001 – 2005
- Outstanding Resident on Outpatient and Gynecologic Surgery Rotation, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2004
- Member, Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership Honor Society), 2004
- Member, Beta Beta Beta (National Biological Honor Society), 2004
- Member, Psi Chi (National Honor Society of Psychology), 2004
- Risk Factors for the Development of Uterine Cancer in Breast Cancer Survivors: An Army of Women Study. Poster presentation at The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist 61st Annual Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 7, 2013.
- Striano, T., Chen, X. Cleveland, A., & Bradshaw, S. Joint attention social cues influence infant learning. European Journal of Development Psychology, 2006; 3 (3), 289-299.
- Cage type and enrichment affects exploration in a radial maze. Oral Presentation at the Southeastern Psychological Association 52nd Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 18, 2006.
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development Research Assistant, Nashville, Tennessee, 2005 – 2006
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Business Services Summer Internship, Kingston, Tennessee, 2002 & 2003
- Member, University of Louisville School of Medicine House Staff Council, 2013 – 2014
- Mentor, Resident Mentorship Program to Medical Students Apply in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2012 – 2013
- Mentor, College of Medicine Peer Mentorship Program, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee, 2007 – 2008
- Member, Student Judiciary, Centre College, Danville, Kentucky, 2003 – 2005
- Junior Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrician and Gynecologists
- Member, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Member, Greater Louisville Medical Society
- Member, Louisville OB/GYN Society
- Member, American Medical Association